Our News and Media team deals with news and events happening daily in the health services. The team provides frontline media relations for the health service and responds to approximately 5,000 media queries each year.
The team also co-ordinates the out of hours media service which is provided 7 days a week in response to the 24/7 news cycle. The team provides proactive and reactive media advice to management and staff in the HSE, from events and launches to crisis management.The services offered by the team include preparing media statements, public relations and event management, identifying suitable spokespeople and providing media training for them.
Please see here for Media Relations Protocols for Health Service Employees.
National Press Office
The National News and Media team deals with queries from the media in relation to the national health services from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Media can contact us on 01 635 2840 or by email to email@example.com
Media can also visit our dedicated Media Centre pages on this site - www.hse.ie/media
- Paul Bailey, Head of National Press Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann McLoone, Deputy Head of Press, email email@example.com
- Mary Gleeson, Senior Press Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nurah Treacy, Press Officer, email email@example.com
- Emma Lynam, Press Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Carrie, email email@example.com
Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups
The recently established Community Health Organisations (CHOs) and Hospital Groups deal with queries from the media relating to the services in their area. You can find details of Communications contacts in Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups here.
Out-of-Hours Media Service
Outside of normal office hours, the HSE provides an emergency on-call media service for urgent queries only:
- For out-of-hours media queries relating to serious incidents or major emergencies, please phone 087 227 4605.
- Please note this out-of-hours phone number cannot accept queries by text message/SMS.
- For out-of-hours media queries for Hospital Groups, please see the list of contacts below.
- Non urgent queries or queries that require data gathering from across the health system cannot be facilitated outside of normal working hours. These queries should be directed to the relevant communications staff during normal working hours.