Dr. Anne Dee
Health Technology Assessment Group Lead (0.4) and Consultant in Public Health Medicine (0.6)
HTAG is headed up by Dr. Anne Dee, who is qualified as a Consultant in Public Health Medicine. Anne specialises in the area of Health Economics, and has experience of Markov modelling, cost of illness studies, budget impact analysis as well as acute hospital activity and costing projections.
During her career, Anne has worked in emergency medicine, general practice and volunteered in a leprosy hospital in Nepal. She has worked in Public Health Medicine since 2006, and took up a specialist post in Limerick in 2010.
Dr. Marsha Tracey
Public Health Information Analyst
Marsha is a graduate of University College Cork. She completed a BSc in Public Health and Health Promotion in 2012, a Masters in Public Health in 2013 and was awarded a Doctorate in Medicine and Health in August 2017. Her PhD research focused on the public health burden of diabetes in Ireland.
Marsha joined HTAG in May 2017 and will play a key role in turning data into information to enhance public health intelligence, providing support on specific information projects and assisting in the development of relevant data sets to address the needs of current initiatives and priorities that the unit is involved in.
Joe has considerable experience in sourcing and contracts in public procurement and has also worked on various capital projects and operations in the public and private healthcare sectors both in Ireland and abroad.
Joe works as part of a sourcing and contracting team in HSE Health Business Services and as Planning and Procurement Director with the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and Kingdom Hospital Riyadh. He has worked in close collaboration and partnership with a diverse range of healthcare stakeholders and service providers across all clinical and business disciplines in the strategic sourcing of products and services.
The Health Technology Assessment Expert Group
The Health Technology Assessment Expert Group (HTAEG) is comprised of internal and external experts’ individuals that meet on a quarterly basis to review and advise on the programme of work being undertaken by HTAG.
The current membership of the expert group is as follows:
- Dr Anne Dee (Specialist in Public health Medicine, HTAG Lead , HTAEG Chair, HSE)
- Dr Máirín Ryan (Director of Health Technology Assessment, HIQA)
- Ms Kate Mulvenna (Head of Pharmacy Function, PCRS)
- Mr Brendan White (Assistant National Director Procurement, Head of Portfolio & Category Management, HBS Procurement)
- Mr Ger Flynn (National Clinical Head of Medical Devices, HSE)
- Professor Ciaran O’Neill (Professor of Health Economics, QUB)
- Professor Valerie Walshe (Health Economist, HSE)
- Prof Paddy Gillespie (Professor of Health Economics, NUIG)
- Dr Tom Melvin (Medical Officer, Health Products Authorisation and Registration, HPRA)