2. The medical card assessment
3. How much you can earn and still qualify
4. How to apply
The quickest way to get a medical card or GP visit card is to apply online.
For those included in your application, you will need to provide:
- PPS numbers
- dates of birth
- income and expense details
To apply for a medical card by post:
- Download the form in English or Irish or LoCall 1890 252 919 to order one in the post.
- If you have any questions about the form, call us before you fill it out.
- Fill in as much information as possible.
- Post your completed form to us.
Make sure that all your information is correct and include all supporting documentation.
We will process your application within 15 working days. Incomplete applications will take longer.
Post the form to
The National Medical Card Unit,
PO Box 11745