Understand Together aims to show that by standing together, we can help build a movement to forge inclusive communities for people with dementia, carers, families and friends. We want to encourage individuals, businesses and other organisations to take small practical steps, so that together we can build compassionate communities and provide vital social support to people experiencing dementia.
We are building upon initiatives which are already in place, creating a national movement that harnesses Ireland’s strong sense of community and kinship to improve the lives of those touched by dementia.
Organisations and Businesses
A key element of Understand Together is establishing partnerships with organisations and businesses at national and local levels. We are delighted to have already welcomed over 30 national organisations and businesses as our partners, and new partners will be coming on board as our campaign progresses.
By becoming a partner your organisation is committing to endorsing the campaign throughout its lifetime. This endorsement might include some of the following elements and will be agreed following consultation with the organisation.
- Publicly supporting the campaign.
- Displaying and disseminating promotional materials within your organisation and sharing information about your involvement with the campaign with external stakeholders and customers via your website, social media, newsletters and through the organisation’s networks.
- Media activities to help publicise the engagement of your organisation with the campaign.
- Staff training to promote dementia awareness.
- In addition, the campaign will work with your organisation to identify key promotional activities and awareness initiatives to be agreed throughout the campaign. Initiatives may include working with the campaign on information resources relevant to your organisation and/or your customer base.
Campaign partners and their activities will be profiled via media activities, campaign website, social media and other channels as agreed. The campaign team will provide promotional materials including public relations materials, advice and support relating to training and any other initiatives as agreed.
To find out more please contact:
National Dementia Campaign Manager
HSE Communications Division,
Dr. Steevens’ Hospital, Dublin D08 W2A8.
Tel: 01 635 2478