Welcome to the Spark Innovation Programme.
Innovation means rethinking the old ways of working and doing new things that improve how we train our doctors and how we deliver care to our patients.
National Doctors Training and Planning (NDTP) established Spark in July 2017 as a national NCHD-led programme to encourage, support and recognise innovation among doctors in Ireland. Doctors have always been creative - we need your help to continue that legacy of innovation and excellence.
To find out more about the different Spark projects, click on the links in the menu to the left.
The main themes for Spark in 2017-2018 are:
* Babies born today will become interns in 2040 - what can NCHDs do now that will improve training for future doctors and future patients? Join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #NCHD2040 and tell us about the changes that you hope to see in healthcare by 2040.
* There are many ingenious concepts that have revolutionised healthcare - the Human Genome Project, anaesthesia, vaccines - but Spark is focused on the little things, the Story of Small Steps that we can take every day in the workplace that builds up to really meaningful change. What are your stories of everyday innovation?
* Handover has been described as one of the most perilous procedures in medicine - how can we make it safer, easier, more efficient?
- Collaboration, interoperability, and scalability
* If we want our ideas to live long and prosper, they must be shared generously. Do you know of any projects that involve multidisciplinary teams, that link with other systems and that can be replicated successfully in different clinical sites? If not, consider creating one!
We look forward to meeting you at our workshops, debates, site visits, and other events around the country.
Dr. Conor Malone
National Fellow for Innovation and Change