Influenza vaccination campaign
Influenza Vaccination Campaign 2016/2017 at Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, Dublin
The Temple Street Children's Hospital Influenza Vaccination Campaign encouraged the uptake of the vaccine among staff
How it works
A number of innovative activities took place among all hospital staff. The campaign began with a '
Other campaign initiatives included:
Selflu' photo competition
- pop-up clinics at locations and times designed to suit
- peer vaccinators and champions
- mannequin challenge involving hospital leaders and all disciplines to boost campaign
- poster displayed on the website and photo of a long-term patient receiving the vaccination
Communications specific aspects of the campaign included:
- photo collage displays in public areas of staff receiving their vaccines
linkbetween immunisation and protection of patients messages
- promoting vaccination and clinics using social media, intranet and screensavers
- regular uptake figures displayed daily using
- promoted through daily hospital huddle
Maintaining the momentum was achieved by changing the times and frequency of the pop up clinics.
The vaccination campaign was designed by the Nursing and Occupational Health Department. A wide range of individuals from all disciplines in the hospitals championed and supported the campaign.
Impact of this project
Temple Street had the top hospital vaccination uptake for