Health Service Excellence Awards 2021
The 2021 Health Excellence Awards is now closed to entries.
We received a record number of entries into the awards this year. Just under 700 teams entered projects and 80 staff members were nominated for their outstanding contribution.
The virtual awards ceremony is on Wednesday 15 September at 4pm.
Set a reminder to livestream the ceremony from the HSE Internal Communications YouTube channel
There are eight award categories in total.
- Supporting a Healthy Community - your project must demonstrate that real and positive influence on the health of a community of people you work with.
- Improving the Patient Experience - show how changes or initiatives that your project have introduced brought about improvements in patient’s experience of our service
- Innovation in Services Delivery - show how innovative thinking has made an improvement to service delivery.
- Innovation in Integrated Digital Excellence - show how your project demonstrates the use of digital initiatives to improve integrated care.
- Excellence in Quality Care - show how your project has succeeded in providing excellence in quality care to our patients and service users.
- Service Development and Innovation in Responding to COVID - show how your project introduced an innovative approach in service development and design during the COVID response to support staff and service users/patients, nationally or within your region.
- Operational Services Integration in a COVID Environment - show how your project enabled health service staff to respond to demands created by the health service response to COVID nationally or within your region.
- Exceeding Expectations - Outstanding Employee Award - for this award, you can nominate an outstanding colleague. Show how they continually go above and beyond to help, support or improve the lives of their colleagues and patients.
Applications closed: 4 February 2021
Shortlisted entries notified: August 2021 (original date of May 2021 amended due to the cyber attack)
Excellence Awards ceremony: 15 September 2021 at 4pm