Request a social media post
The HSE has corporate social media accounts on:
We decide which channels to post on on a case-by-case basis in line with our social media guidelines.
How to request a social media post
Please include the following details in your request:
- A clear and specific message (this may be edited by the social team). Please note that tweets can only contain 280 characters.
- A web link (URL) to add to the message which will link your audience to further information.
- Which social media channels you would like to use
- Accounts you would like to credit or tag. For example, partners like Healthy Ireland.
- A suggested (good quality) image
- When would you like the post to go live. Please give at least 3 working days notice.
- If this is a once off post or if you will need to repeat the same post multiple times.
- Your phone number and email. We may need to contact you for more information.
Email email@example.com with this information to request your social media post. Include the text 'Request a social media post' in the subject line of the email.
If you need a variety of messages to go out over a period of time, you can request a social media content calendar.
What happens next
Someone from the social team will get in touch with you within 3 working days to discuss your request.
Please ensure that you have included all of the details above to ensure we can respond to your request as quickly as possible.
When we may not be able to support your request
If you don't give us enough lead-in time, we may not be able to get your social post live in time.
At certain times, demand on our social channels is very high. When this happens, we will prioritise urgent and important requests but we may not be able to support all requests.
There are also times when we may have to pause social media activity in line with our social media policy.