Are you a child or young person using HSE health services? Then we would like to hear from you!

You can offer feedback, be it a comment, compliment or complaint, about the service you have received from the HSE.

feedback pathway

You will be encouraged and supported to give your feedback to any of our services. We will let you know of your rights to complain as well as inform you of what will happen and the supports available to you.

Our staff will listen to you and make sure they understand what you have to say. Your comment, compliment and your complaint will always be taken seriously. We will support you to make a complaint and continue to support you throughout the complaints process. 

You also have the right to complain directly to the Ombudsman for Children or have the response to your complaint reviewed by the Ombudsman for Children

Your welfare is important.

If a complaint is received that causes concern about your safety and wellbeing, or another child’s safety and wellbeing, we have to ensure that we act in your best interests or in the best interests of the other child. In these cases we follow Children First, the HSE National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children (2011). We will let you know this and explain it to you.

Whatever your age, you have rights when it comes to getting health services.  These include:

  • The right to access healthcare services
  • The right to have your say and be listened to,
  • The right to complain if you are unhappy about a service or the care and treatment you experienced.

If you want to make a comment, compliment or a complaint you can:

  • Tell a staff member or the person providing your care, e.g. nurse, doctor, public health nurse, physiotherapist, manager or any other member of staff. They want to hear what you have to say and will try to help you straight away.
  • Ask your parent(s)/guardian(s) to tell us what you think if you don’t want to do this yourself.
  • Email
  • Fill out the form attached to our children and young persons’ information leaflet. You can:
    • put it into the box in your local health service,
    • give it to a staff member, or
    • ask for an address to post it to. You can also send a letter to that address if you prefer.
  • Leave your comment, compliment or complaint using the online form on the HSE website
  • Telephone our YourSay Team on 1890 424 555 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and talk to a member of staff who will help you. If you are using a mobile please call 045 880400 to avoid extra charges. You can also telephone our HSELive Team on 1850 24 1850 from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and from 10am to 5pm on Saturday. If you are using a mobile please call 01 240 8720 to avoid extra charges.