Objectives and Priorities
Key objectives of the programme
- All infants, children and adults requiring critical care will receive the appropriate treatment, in the right place, at the right time, by the right people.
- Develop clinical governance structures and practices to aid improvement in quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness of the NTMP, ensuring best patient outcomes.
- Outline roles, responsibilities and competencies for all clinical personnel involved in retrievals and transfers.
- Ensure authority, accountability and responsibility for all members of the national retrieval teams.
- Establish a National Retrieval Coordination Desk with a single point of contact for all retrieval requests.
- Establish a National ‘live’ Bed-Bureau.
Priorities for 2015
- Develop national electronic data collection for quality metrics specific to the transport environment.
- Invest in building enhanced partnerships with the existing services in Galway, while also identifying future models of care for adult retrieval.
- Develop a business case to support expansion of the Paediatric and Neonatal Retrieval Service.
- Work in partnership with NAS to build on the current investment and service provision for the NTMP.
- Standardise equipment for adult retrieval teams and regional centres.