Led by Colum Maddox, Assistant CFO
The Planning and Performance function is responsible for managing all monthly analysis and reporting of financial performance across the HSE.
- Managing the National reporting function.
- Annual Estimates and Service Planning.
- Providing Central Oversight on Income related issues
- Leading on coordinating and supporting the annual budget setting process for the HSE
- Providing key management accounting support and advice.
Finance Business Partnering with National Programmes and Support Services
Management of the HSE’s National Pay Unit
- Pay cost analytics and resource planning to support the development of funded workforce plans
- Costing of pay agreements and facilitation of national pay based reporting
Health Economics & System of Health Accounts
- Delivering on HSE system of health accounts obligations
- Using health economics to achieve a better understanding of healthcare costs and cost drivers
Treasury and Capital
- Managing the HSE’s Treasury function including cash balances, cash budget and cash based forecasting
- Managing HSE capital budget across the HSE
Cash Management Process (Word, size 15 KB, 2 pages)
PQ, FOI and Media Queries
- Management of Parliamentary Questions, Freedom of Information requests and media queries for the Finance function.