HBS Payroll Services currently manage the payment of HSE staff and pensioners either directly or through sourced support services. HSE gross to net payroll is currently processed via nine HBS centres based on appropriately authorised input received from HR, Line Managers, Returning Officers, etc. We currently provide for the payment of 83,500 HSE staff and 32,500 pensioners. A payroll service is also provided to Tusla's 4,400 employees. Approximately 2.6m payslips are issued annually.
Our service provision is a combination of HBS direct provision and external contracting arrangements with private providers. However all payroll services are co-ordinated and managed by our payroll team who consistently deliver to the highest standard.
HBS Payment Services can provide invoice payment services to your organisation. Currently we are processing in excess of 1.9 million invoices annually, with a value of €2.8bn, on behalf of our customer base using a range of processes and technology solutions to meet their individual needs.
HBS Income Reporting Group provides a suite of monthly national income reports and key performance metrics across all 48 statutory and voluntary acute hospitals. The key categories of income include Private Charges €622m, Inpatient charges €20m, Emergency Department €18m and Road Traffic Accidents €9m.
Our group supports the generation and collection of patient income across all statutory and voluntary acute hospitals at national level by providing business intelligence and decision support to Corporate Finance and Acute Hospitals.
HBS Income Reporting with the support of the Office of the CIO co-ordinate the roll out, integration and maintenance of “Claimsure”. This system has been successfully implemented at all public acute hospitals and enables the complete management of the private insurance claims process, the timely submission of all relevant documentation to the appropriate Health Insurance Provider and facilitates appropriate follow up to ensure prompt payment of claims.
General Accounting Health Business Services is responsible for the following key services on behalf of HBS Corporate Customers:
• Provision of SAP Technical Support to approx 1,600 SAP Users including SAP support for HBS transaction processing
• Development and maintenance of SAP Reports to facilitate and support management decisions.
• Provision of support for HSE Board reporting on Corporate Reporting Solution (CRS) which is used to gather and consolidate National Financial Information. It also provides master data maintenance, report maintenance and authorisation maintenance for CRS I&E, CRS Capital & ICT, CRS Vote and CRS Fair Deal cubes.
• Creation of all Internal Orders on SAP Financials and preparation of weekly Form A’s to facilitate the drawdown of capital cash from the Paymaster General.
• Creation and reconciliation of capital assets
• Processing of all journals and completion of General Accounting balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Accounts Receivable - raising, receipting and debt collection of secondment income and other accounts receivable requests
• Completion of bank reconciliations and bank query resolutions
• Receipting, lodging, recording of monies and reconciliation of balance sheet cash control accounts
• Produce first draft of the Annual Financial Statements and relevant notes to the Accounts for 7 Company Codes on behalf of HBS customers within required Corporate deadlines
Our Financial Reporting team currently provide Corporate Finance customers in former Eastern Region HQs with a range of Management Accounting services including monthly processing of accruals, prepayments, budget uploads and production of the monthly IMR's. The department is responsible for uploading of monthly National financial extract data for the former Health Areas and copying over to the Corporate Reporting Solutions (CRS). CRS is acknowledged as the main financial reporting tool and data source for the National Performance Reports for the HSE within the Finance Directorate.
HBS Finance Contact Us
Damian Casey, Head of Finance
Tel: 056 7734800