The Health Intelligence Team takes a lead in a number of specific areas:
- the widening use of the Health Intelligence Ireland information system to help drive quality, safety, and efficiency of health services – led out by team members based mainly at the HIU, Dr Steevens Hospital, Dublin
- the expert review of clinical evidence led out by team members based mainly at Stewarts Hospital, Palmerstown, Dublin
- working directly in an advisory, facilitation, and project management role with clinical programmes and care group service leads on key pieces of work – led by colleagues based at both main locations and elsewhere.
External customers and relationships include:
- Health Research Board.
- Department of Health
- A number of the Dublin Academic Teaching Hospitals.
- A number of third level academic institutions, WHO etc.
- Partnerships and co-operative arrangements in place with inter-Government agencies such as the RSA, CSO, ComReg and the Gardai.