Evidence Based Health Care
This section of the Health Intelligence contains links to sources of evidence to help inform policy and practice in Healthcare. You will find information about Evidence Based Health Care, how to find the evidence you need and where to search. The Five "A"s of Evidence Based Health Care: Ask, Acquire, Appraise, Apply, Audit.
What is Evidence Based Health Care?
Evidence Based Health Care Steps
- Clarify the Objective
- Identify a knowledge gap and ask an answerable question
- Search for and locate the best evidence
- Appraise the evidence in terms of validity and applicability
- Integrate the evidence with professional opinion patient/population values and apply in practice
Journals, Publications and Links
- Links to free full text ejournals sources and databases to find grey literature.
- Links to Libraries of Evidence Based Health Care information
- Links to Sources of Evidence
- Links to Evidence-Based Methods and Tools
- Glossary of Terms on Evidence Based Health Care
Evidence Based Health Care websites
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Centre for Health Communication and Participation
- Canadian Health Services Research Foundation - MythBusters
- Informed Decision Toolbox
- The Disease Control Priorities Project
- Evidence Informed Policy Network
- Social Care Online - better knowledge for better practice
- Health Systems Evidence