Welcome. We would be delighted if you could help promote the Know Check Ask campaign locally. We hope you find the resources below helpful.
Your medicines and keep a list
That you're using the right
medicine the right way
Your healthcare professional
if you're unsure
The following suggestions may help to maximise the impact of this campaign:
- General: Display posters throughout your service and show videos on screens in public areas. Promote the campaign on your website, with a prompt for people to bring a list of their medicines if attending your service, and include a link to www.safermeds.ie to that people can print a My medicines list to bring with them.
- A social media campaign will run in July & September 2019, please share the campaign and/or videos on any social media channels your service uses.
If you are working in a hospital setting, these additional suggestions may be useful:
- Out-patient departments, pre-admission clinics and elective admissions: Enclose the My medicines list with appointment letters, make copies available at reception areas. Display posters and show videos on screens in waiting areas.
- Emergency Departments: Make My medicines leaflets available at reception and/or in waiting areas.
- Consider including My medicines leaflets with discharge information, with advice for people to complete it at home so they have an up-to-date list for any forthcoming appointments.
There is a parallel Know Check Ask campaign for healthcare staff (poster F). The message for staff is to:
- Know – your medication
- Check – you have the right patient, medicine, route, dose and time
- Ask – your patient if they understand
This could be used as part of a staff education or awareness session.
- Social Media Campaign Video Know Check Ask for Medication Safety
- Know Check Ask short video
- WHO – Everyone Has a Role in Medication Safety
- 5 Moments for Medication Safety
Back to top
Back to home page