Living With diabetes? Let us help….
You are not alone if you are diagnosed with diabetes, currently there are about 225,000 people with diabetes in Ireland and the number is rising. Poorly controlled diabetes can cause serious short and long-term health problems if it is not looked after.
The HSE supports 3 interactive group courses for people with type 2 diabetes that help you manage your diabetes and live a healthy life. Courses are run in local community or hospital venues across Ireland.
The courses are packed with up to date information about many aspects of living with diabetes. You will have the opportunity to learn, freely ask questions and make plans to look after your diabetes.
These courses are:
- A Dietitian led X-PERTCourse for type 2 diabetes
- CODE Community Orientated Diabetes Education
- DESMOND Diabetes Education and Self Management for On-going and Newly Diagnosed Diabetes
To view available courses and book a place on a diabetes course that suits you, please click: Diabetes Course
All three courses are:
- FREE OF CHARGE
- For people who are newly diagnosed or living with diabetes for many years
- Open for you to bring a family member, carer or friend.
- Delivered by trained healthcare professionals.
- For both medical card and non- medical card holders
Courses vary in length, availability, when and where they are delivered.
Places for the courses are allocated on a first come basis so we cannot guarantee you a place on the course you choose.
You will be contacted with details of course availability as soon as possible after registering.
If your preferred course is full, you will be placed on a waiting list for the next available course.