The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programme is a free programme of exercise and education for people with long-term lung conditions. It is for adults who have breathing problems due to lung disease.
These breathing problems may cause you to reduce, limit or stop performing your normal activities. This in turn can reduce your fitness and strength.
About the programme
The aim of the programme is to help you:
- gain a better understanding of your lung condition
- manage your breathlessness better
- improve your muscle strength and fitness
It involves exercise and education. The exercise is tailored to meet your own ability and needs. The exercise classes are supervised by a respiratory nurse or physiotherapist.
It lasts for 8 weeks with 2 classes per week; each class lasts one and a half hours.
It is held in the following locations in Co Donegal:
- Letterkenny: St Conals Hospital
- Inishowen: Slieve Sneacht Centre, Drumfries
- South Donegal: Inver Community Centre
- Northwest Donegal: Ionaid Naomh Padraig, Dore
Your GP or Consultant can refer you to the programme if they deem you suitable.
Note to healthcare professionals: Referral forms available on the Healthcare professionals page.
For more information
For more information call the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Department, St Conal’s Hospital, Letterkenny: 074 910 4494.
COPD advice line: 1800 832146
Asthma advice line:1800 445464