Stress Control is a free programme which teaches you how to manage stress. It is for anyone over 15 years of age.
Stress can have many forms, for example: anxiety, low mood, depression, anger, low self-confidence, low self-esteem, panic, poor sleep and burnout.
The classes can be used to help:
- People who already have problems with stress
- People who would like to prevent stress becoming a problem.
About the programme
- It is a series of 6 classes.
- Each class lasts 90 minutes with a ten minute break.
- People are advised to attend all 6 classes, if possible, to get the full benefit.
- The classes are given by trained facilitators.
- There is no group work involved.
- There is no upper limit to the number of people who can attend.
Locations and access
The programme is held in different venues around Co Donegal. To find a location and join a programme that is convenient for you, please visit Donegal Mind Wellness online at:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Stress Control Co-ordinator Bill Vaughan: 086 029 8907.
Funding for the Stress Control Programme in Co. Donegal is provided through the charity Donegal Mind Wellness, which was founded by Majella O’Donnell in 2014.
Who developed the programme?
It was developed by Dr Jim White, an internationally renowned Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and researcher in Scotland. It is now, by far, the most widely-used stress management course within the NHS (UK) and HSE.
The Stress Control Programme has been running in Co Donegal since 2013, and has been delivered in over forty locations in the county to over 1,500 people.
96% of people who attended Stress Control said in a questionnaire that they would recommend the course to others.
What previous participants in Co Donegal have said:
"I find I am more relaxed now than last year."
"The course helped me see how stress management can help with my shyness."
"I have had bother with sleep for years and I never realised it had to do with stress. I have been practicing the relaxation and can feel a difference already."
"I wish someone had told me all this information years ago. I feel like I am more in control now."