On 28th August 2014 a Conference titled "National Immunisation Programme" was held in Waterford Regional Hospital.
The speakers at the conference have kindly given permission to make their presentations available to view and download.
The programme and presentations are available to download below
1. Vaccine Preventable Diseases - Dr Sarah Doyle, PH Department
2. History and Aims of Immunisation - Dr Brenda Corcoran, Consulatant in Public Health Medicine, National Immunisation Office
3. Immunity and How Vaccines Work - Dr Kevin Connolly, Consultant Paediatrician & National Immunisation Advisory Committee Chairperson
4. Global and National trends in vaccine preventable diseases - Dr Brenda Corcoran, NIO
5. Storage and Handling - Cliona Kiersey, Chief Pharmacist, NIO
6. Databases and Forms - Margaret Fogarty, ADPHN/Immunisation
7. Defaulters - Ursula Murray, ADPHN/Immunisations
8. Guidelines for Vaccinations in General Practice: Practical Application - Patricia Mc Quilian, Professional Development Coordinator for Practice Nurses
9. Consent and Communications - Mary Dowling, Clinical Risk Manager
10. Current National Immunsiation Schedule - Dr Brenda Corcoran, NIO
11. Deviations to Schedule - Late entrants, etc. - Dr Kevin Connolly, NIAC
12. Adverse events following Immunisations: Common and Uncommon - Dr Muiris Dowling, AMO South Tipperary
This page was updated on 14/10/2015