Public Health Nursing Service
Public health nurses and community registered general nurses deliver care across the lifespan to, individuals, families and communities. The focus of the service is to promote health and well-being, protect the public and provide clinical nursing care to the population through the delivery of high-quality evidence-based nursing care.
The PHN/CRGN works as part of a multidisciplinary team based in local HSE health centres/primary care centres and delivers services in the home and clinic.
- To provide a PHN Service that is responsive to, and meets, the health and well-being needs, and clinical nursing needs, of individuals, families and communities.
- To provide a safe, high-quality, evidence-based, well-governed service that meets national standards.
- To work in collaboration with other members of the primary care team, Practice Nurses, the wider health and social care network teams, the acute, secondary and tertiary adult and children services, and with the national Child and Family Agency.
- To make the best possible use of information and communications technology to deliver a high-quality service.
- To support the development and implementation of relevant national policies.
- To achieve positive outcomes for the individual, the family and the community.