PHEW - Programme for Healthy Eating and Weight Management
To address the issue of overweight and obesity in our community, weight management programmes are available for those adults who are overweight.
PHEW (Programme for Healthy Eating and weight management) is a free 6 week programme designed for overweight adults and it is run by Community Dietitians in South Dublin and East Wicklow.
What's covered in the course?
- Healthy eating
- Portion sizes
- Reading food labels
- How to shop wisely
- Eating Out & Alcohol
- Becoming more active
- Achieving realistic weight loss
- Food and Mood
Programmes are free of charge and take place over 6 weeks for approximately 90 minutes each week.
Comments from participants:
- Each week was very informative, we covered lots of different aspects of changing eating habits.
- Interaction with other participants was very helpful to find out “tricks” they used to avoid snacking on unhealthy foods
- Very helpful, very practical
- Thank you so much for cutting through all the rubbish and getting back to simple weight loss advice. I was drowning in lots of conflicting advice and losing hope that I would ever get healthy and be a role model. You have given me the tools to help myself get out of the vicious circle and you have given me back hope.
- Sensible approach to diet and exercise
- Dietitian was easy to listen to and easy to understand
Start date Location Day Time
1st February 2019 Loughlinstown Health Centre Friday 2.15pm - 3.45pm
6th February 2019 Sallynoggin Health Centre, Dun Laoghaire Wednesday 2.00pm - 3.30pm
13th March 2019 Arus Lorcain, Castlepark, Arklow Wednesday 11am - 12.30pm
7th May 2019 Ballywaltrim Community Centre, Bray Tuesday 10am - 11.30am
5th November 2019 Ballywaltrim Community Centre, Bray Tuesday 10am - 11.30am
To enrol, or for more information click HERE to download our flyer or contact:
Health Promotion Service, HSE
Dublin South, Dublin South East & East Wicklow
Block B, Civic Centre,
Main St, Bray, Co Wicklow
Ph: 01 2744360
Community Nutrition & Dietetic Service, CHO 6 (Community Healthcare East)
May 2016.pdf (size 604 KB)
Be Mindful, It's a New year
Healthy Happy Christmas
Autumn - Seasonal Eating
Lose a stone by Christmas
Confused about yoghurts?
Low calorie desserts
Spring has sprung
The Benefits of Fibre
Tips on How to achieve a healthy affordable food trolley this Christmas!
Top Tips for a safe and enjoyable Barbeque
Eat, Drink and Stay Slim This Summer
Nutrition: Fact or Fiction
St Patricks Day Meals
Nuts about Halloween
SMART goal setting
Surviving the Christmas Party Season
Top 10 fibre tips
Top 10 fibre tips.pdf (size 632.9 KB)
Weight loss Tips & Links
Healthy Eating Tipsheets: Read our nutrition information sheets here
Portion sizes: For more information on the portion sizes check out the new food pyramid.
Weight loss websites:
NHS - Lose weight