We know that you look forward to visiting times. It is important that your visitors respect the visiting times as proper rest and a peaceful environment are an essential part of treatment for all our patients. We ask that the visiting times are adhered to, in order to ensure that interruptions to care are kept to a minimum.
General Visiting Times:
Monday - Friday 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Saturday/ Sunday/ Bank Holiday - 2pm - 4pm and 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Maternity Visiting Times
Monday – Sunday 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Children of the woman and partner may visit within these hours. One designated partner will have unlimited access during waking hours, excluding mealtimes.
Step Down Unit
Monday to Sunday
3.00 to 4.00pm and 6.30 to 8.30pm
Mon to Fri 6.30 to 8.30 p.m.
Sat/Sun/Bank Holiday 3pm to 4pm and 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Guidelines for Visitors
- Only two visitors are allowed at a bed at any time.
- Children under 12 should only visit the hospital when absolutely necessary.
- If you are particularly unwell, relatives may be permitted to visit outside of the above times by speaking with the Clinical Nurse Manager
- If relatives/friends visit the ward outside of visiting hours they may be asked to leave the ward or to wait in the day room.
- Visitors may not smoke in the hospital and are not permitted to bring alcohol to patients.
- Hand gels must be used when entering the hospital, before going into the ward and on leaving.
- No one should visit the hospital if they are suffering from any infectious illnesses such as the flu or Winter Vomiting Bug (Norovirus)
- Visiting may be restricted in certain circumstances i.e. if there is an outbreak of the Winter Vomiting Bug.
- Please do not bring flowers to the hospital as they may pose a risk to some of our patients.