Read about hospital service disruptions and visiting restrictions
Guidelines for Visitors
- Only two visitors are allowed at a bed at any time.
- Children under 12 should only visit the hospital when absolutely necessary.
- If you are particularly unwell, relatives may be permitted to visit outside of the above times by speaking with the Clinical Nurse Manager
- If relatives/friends visit the ward outside of visiting hours they may be asked to leave the ward or to wait in the day room.
- Visitors may not smoke in the hospital and are not permitted to bring alcohol to patients.
- Hand gels must be used when entering the hospital, before going into the ward and on leaving.
- No one should visit the hospital if they are suffering from any infectious illnesses such as the flu or Winter Vomiting Bug (Norovirus)
- Visiting may be restricted in certain circumstances i.e. if there is an outbreak of the Winter Vomiting Bug.
- Please do not bring flowers to the hospital as they may pose a risk to some of our patients.