The department is involved in the following activities:
- Actively participating in all aspects of electro medical equipment management, equipment maintenance, project development, equipping.
- Compiling comprehensive equipment technical specifications.
- Advising on and evaluating new equipment purchases
- Continuous liaison with health and safety including IMB alerts
- Quality control and compliance with international standards.
- Project commissioning & decommissioning programme
- Comprehensive database on all aspects of electro medical equipment
Staff of the Clinical Engineering Department
There are 7 staff members in Clinical Engineering:
- Mr. Bernard Ryan: Clinical Engineering Manager, UL Hospitals
- Mr. Fearal O’Glaisne: Senior Clinical Engineering Technician
- Mr. Aidan Curtin: Senior Clinical Engineering Technician
- Mr. Mike O’Neill: Clinical Engineering Technician
- Ms. Catherine Hussey: Clinical Engineering Technician
- Mr. Padraig Murphy: Clinical Engineering Technician (Project Support)
- Ms. Florence Fahey: Clerical Officer / Department Secretary
Clinical Engineering Manager,
Clinical Engineering Department
University Hospital Limerick,
Contact telephone number: 061 482763