Mid–Western Radiation Oncology Centre
In 2005 the Mater Private Hospital commenced the provision of local radiotherapy services on the site of the Mid Western Cancer Centre. The service is led by Mr Michael Maher, Consultant Radiation Oncologist.
Treatment is planned and delivered using modern linear accelerator, CT Simulator and treatment planning software. The multi-disciplinary team of specialists on site consists of a Consultant Radiation Oncologist, physics staff, radiation therapists, a nurse manager, a unit manager and administrative support.
Following individual consultation, patients are treated on site and are supported by the wider cancer services team within the HSE.
- New patient referrals seen at weekly out-patient clinics
- In-patient referrals accepted
- CT Simulator on site
- Nursing support on site
- Participants in the multi-disciplinary disease specific team meetings
- Fully integrated into the Mid-Western Cancer Services Centre for combined chemotherapy treatment
- Fully integrated to University Hospital Limerick for all support services required for holistic patient management
Contact Details - Main Reception
Consultant Radiation Oncologist – Referrals to Secretary