Direct access to Consultant led assessment and diagnostic services for patients with suspected lung disease or cancer. This service was rolled out by The National Cancer Control programme in 2012.
A Consultant led service for symptomatic patients, offering direct and rapid access to assessment and diagnosis for suspected lung cancer.
- Dr. Aidan O Brien – Consultant Physician
- Dr. Brian Casserly – Consultant Physician
Treatment and Services
Referring doctor or patient can contact the service directly by calling the clinic secretary on 061-585636. A referral letter is required.
Referrals are made by completing the standard NCCP Rapid Access Lung Form below.
Our lung clinic fax no is 061-482572
Following triage suitable patients are offered an appointment. Appointments entail:
- Review with Respiratory Consultant
- Medical history, physical examination
- Any further diagnostic appointments will be scheduled e.g. bronchoscopy, bloods, CT guided biopsy.
A follow report will be sent to the referring doctor.
- Rapid Access Lung secretary – 061-585637
- Rapid Access Lung Co-ordinator – 061-485317
- Rapid Access Fax No: 061-482572
Rapid Access Lung Clinic Schedule
|Rapid Access Lung Clinic
||Tuesday and Friday 9.00-2.00PM
||Dr.Aidan O Brien / Dr. Brian Casserly