Renal Medicine Overview | Clinical Services | Medical Education | Research
What is Haemodialysis?
Normal working kidneys have 3 main functions:-
- Elimination of Waste Products.
- Regulation of Blood Pressure.
- Production of the Hormone Erythropoietrin.
When kidneys fail haemodialysis carries out these functions.
Haemodialysis treatments of 3 or 4 hour sessions at scheduled times.
Services Provided in this Unit include:
- Patient education and counselling.
- Individual education by Dietitian regarding nutrition.
- Acute emergency dialysis.
- Anaemia correction
- Transplant Work Up
Currently 24 hours a day 6 days a week
- Lisa Woods, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Haemodialysis Unit
- Agnes Daly, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Haemodialysis Unit
Haemodialysis Unit: +353 (0)61 482400