The Pharmacy Department provides pharmaceutical care services to inpatients day patients and some categories of outpatients at University Hospital Limerick (UHL), UHL Maternity, and UHL Croom. The pharmacy is not open to the general public.
The main services provided include:
- Procurement, storage and dispensing of medicines
- Clinical pharmacy activity including ward pharmacist medication review, pharmacist attendance at some multidisciplinary ward rounds and antimicrobial stewardship
- Aseptic compounding of cytotoxic medicines
- The provision of medicines information.
Staffing in the department includes a skill mix of pharmacists, pharmaceutical technicians and support staff.
- Department of Pharmacy telephone: 061 482337
- Department of Pharmacy Fax: 061 482434