The department of Gynaecology is based in Ward 2D University Hospital Limerick.
We offer a comprehensive multidisciplinary diagnostic and treatment service for a broad range of gynaecological conditions. We are the primary referral centre for the treatment of gynaecological cancers in the Mid–West Region.
- Investigation and treatment of :
- Pelvic pain,
- Post Menopausal bleeding,
- Ovarian cysts/Mass
- Polycystic ovarian disease,
- Pelvic tumours or malignancy.
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Day Case and Inpatient Surgeries with pre-assessment, using minimally invasive techniques i.e. laparoscopy and balloon ablation.
- Treatment of stress incontinence,
- Intervention Radiology:
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization.
- Emergency Gynaecology.
- Rapid assessment of acute gynaecological problems with direct access from A/E and University Maternity Hospital, Limerick.
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of gynaecological cancers including inpatient surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and palliative care.
- Professor Amanda Cotter,
- Mr. Kevin Hickey,
- Dr. Gerard Burke,
- Dr. John Slevin,
- Dr. Mark Skehan,
- Dr. Cathy Casey,
- Dr. Soha Said,
- Dr. Una Fahy.
Clinical Nurse Managers
- M. Hannon CNM2,
- Mgt. M. Cassidy CNM1.
- CNS T. Neenan gynaecology.
Outpatient Clinic Times
- Gynaecology Out-patients Clinic
- Colposcopy clinic based in University Maternity Hospital.
- Clinics also available in St. John's Hospital, Nenagh Hospital, Ennis Hospital.
Access to Service:
- Direct admission from A/E UHL, University Maternity Hospital, Nenagh and Ennis Hospitals to ward 2D.
- Referrals from G.P’s should be directed to the consultant’s secretaries.
- Gynae Secretary: (061) 482311/2488,
- Ward 2D: (061) 482136/2236.
- Gynae OPD: (061) 482130