The Department of Urology at University Hospital Limerick provides a Consultant led diagnostic and treatment service for Adult and paediatric patients with suspected urological disorders or disease.
The Urology clinics are conducted in the Out-Patient Department suite 1.
- Mr. Subhasis Giri - Consultant Urologist - Head of Department
- Mr Hugh Flood - Consultant Urologist
- Mr Muhammed Akram - Consultant Urologist
- Mr. Girish Nama - Consultant Urologist
Outpatient Clinic Times
Treatment and Services
Referral: Referral to clinics are via GP referral or referral from Another Speciality Service.
All referrals are reviewed by the consultant and appointments allocated accordingly.
When you attend the urology clinic you will be seen by a member of the urology team.
This may entail:
- Taking details of your past medical and surgical History
- A Physical examination
- Blood tests
- Renal scans
- Bladder scans (in clinic)
- Uroflow tests (in clinic)
- Urodynamic tests
- Intermittent Catheterisation training
Other investigations and procedures are carried out on a Day Patient basis, either in the Surgical Day Ward, St John’s Hospital, Nenagh or Ennis Hospital. These can include :
- Cystoscopy Adult/Child
- Urethral Dilatation
- Circumcision Adult/Child
- Hypospadius repair
- Hernia repair
- Hydrocele repair
- Mr. Flood’s Secretary : 061 482431
- Mr. Giri’s Secretary : 061 485049
- Mr. Akram’s Secretary : 061 482376
- Mr. Nama's Secretary : 061 482431
- Urology Clinic : 061 482166