- Physiotherapy aims to restore optimal function to patients after illness or injury. This is done through a combination of hands-on treatment and exercise.
- Our ethos is to empower the patient through promotion of self-help, enabling self-management of conditions with advice on how to prevent recurrence.
- The Department of Physiotherapy, University Hospitals Limerick includes inpatient and outpatient services to University Hospital Limerick, Croom Hospital and University Maternity Hospital.
Getting an Appointment to see a Physiotherapist
- You must have a referral from a Hospital Consultant to receive Physiotherapy.
Exception: Pregnancy related Musculoskeletal dysfunction may self refer to Physiotherapy Services Maternity Hospital
- Outpatients are by appointment only and operate strictly on time.
- Injury clinics are supported with a walk in service where possible.
- Routine conditions are forwarded to your Local Health Centre for Physiotherapy management.
- Inpatients are assessed & treated on the ward or where appropriate, brought to the physiotherapy gym for rehabilitation.
- Our practice is based on the best available current research.
- Physiotherapy services at UMHL are provided by the Department of Physiotherapy, University Hospitals Limerick.
You must have a referral from a Hospital Consultant to receive Physiotherapy.
Exception - Pregnancy related Musculoskeletal dysfunction may self refer to Physiotherapy Services Maternity Hospital
We currently provide a Physiotherapy Service to:
- Critical Care ICU HDU CCU
- Surgical & Medical Wards
- Injury/Orthopaedics/Emergency Department Clinics
- Limb Reconstruction/ Amputee Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Care of the Elderly
- Oncology& Breast Care Service
- Adult & Paediatric CF Service
- Elective Orthopaedics
- Ante/Post Natal Care
- Continence Service
Department Opening hours
- Mon-Thurs 08:30-17:30
- Fri 08:30-17:00
What to bring when attending
- Please bring appropriate clothing & footwear for exercise
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dooradoyle (061) 482151
- Croom (061) 485421
- Maternity (061) 483161
Staff of the Physiotherapy Department
Highly skilled Chartered Physiotherapists provide specialist services across the 3 sites.
The team is led by the Director of Physiotherapy services, Ms Jean Quinn-McDonogh.
Vacancies arising are filled through the National Recruitment Service (NRS)