The Urgent Care Centre is a walk-in service. The Government Levy of €75 will apply for attending.
If a patient in the Urgent Care Centre needs to be admitted to hospital they will be referred directly to one of the three children’s hospitals (CHI at Crumlin, Temple Street or Tallaght).
Exemptions from the government levy
- Children under the age of 16.
- If you have a GP referral letter.
- Medical Card holders (proof of current card is required).
- Members of the defence forces and their dependants (letter of proof required).
- Persons receiving services in respect of prescribed infectious diseases.
- Temporary visitors to Ireland from another EU Country on presentation of an EHIC Card are entitled to healthcare services as a public patient without charge.