We treat minor injuries and illnesses that are not life-threatening and do not require a visit to the Emergency Department. Urgent Care is a walk-in service meaning no appointment is needed. We treat children and young people aged 0 - eve of their 16th birthday.
What is Urgent Care?
Here are some examples of minor injuries and minor illnesses that we treat and don't treat.
What We Treat
- Sprains, strains and broken bones
- Vomiting and diarrhoea
- Minor burns and scalds
- Fever in babies older than 12 weeks old
- Small cuts and injuries
- Mild asthma
What We Don't Treat
- Serious head, back and neck injuries
- Severe stomach or chest pain
- Severe burns
- Fever in babies less than 12 weeks old
- Severe trouble breathing
- Mental health concerns
For more information please visit www.childrenshealthireland.ie/connolly