Following the publication of the ‘Towards Personalised Budgets for People with a Disability in Ireland’ (July 2018) the HSE is introducing a Demonstration Project for Personalised Budgets.
What is a Personalised Budget?
A personalised budget is an amount of funding that a person with a disability may be considered for by the HSE. If a person qualifies for a Personalised Budget they can make their own arrangements to meet their support needs, instead of having their needs met directly for them by the HSE and HSE funded services providers. People with disabilities currently in receipt of HSE funded services can apply for a personalised budget if they so choose or they can choose to continue with their traditional services from the HSE or a HSE funded service provider.
Personalised Budgets Demonstration Projects Pilot
The HSE is looking for up to 180 adults with a disability to participate in the Demonstration Project over a two year period. The Project will run in two phases, with 90 adults taking part in each phase.
Phase 1 commenced in October 2019 and Phase 2 will commence from September 2020.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcomed from:
- adults with a disability that are currently in receipt of HSE funded services; provided either directly by the HSE or through the non-statutory sector (including day services, residential services, respite services, rehabilitative training or personal assistance).
- young people leaving school in 2020 that have a commitment to a funded day service can also apply.
Who cannot apply?
- Children with a disability and Older Persons Services.
- Individuals not in receipt of HSE funded services, either directly provided by the HSE or through the non- statutory sector.
- Adults currently in receipt of HSE funded services where the associated funding cannot be unbundled.
Call for Expressions of Interest
A call for Expressions of Interest opens on July 27th and closes on September 7th 2020.
If you are interested in submitting an Expression of Interest, please complete the Expression of Interest form and submit before September 7th 2020.
Download the documentation
Towards Personalised Budgets for People with a Disability in Ireland Report of the Task Force on Personalised Budgets
Plain English version - Towards Personalised Budgets for People with a Disability in Ireland Report of the Task Force on Personalised Budgets
Easy read - Personalised Budgets Task Force Report on Disability Services
Screenreader friendly version - Towards Personalised Budgets for People with a Disability in Ireland Report of the Task Force on Personalised Budgets