Role of the Primary Care Occupational Therapist:
- Functional assessments at home
- Recommendations re housing/environmental adaptations
- Advice re local authority grant system/OT functional reports
- Advice and provision of specialist and enabling equipment to optimise safety/independence **
- Wheelchair assessment and seating provision
- Advice for pressure relief relevant to seating
- Assessments for hoists and other manual handling equipment provision
- Carer advice and support
- Onward referral to Occupational Therapy Specialists as required e.g. paediatrics, specialised seating units (e.g. Enable Ireland)
*The provision of assistive equipment and environmental adaptations can increase a person's ability to perform valued activities of daily living.
*The type of equipment required depends on the person's needs and advice of the local Occupational Therapist should be sought.
**You must be a medical card holder to avail of equipment.
Address: Day Care Centre, Chapel Lane, Castleisland, Co. Kerry
Contact: 066 7199708
Return to Main Page