Speech & Language Therapists (SLTs) provide assessment, diagnosis & therapy for children with a wide range of communication difficulties.
Who do we see?
We have a general community paediatric caseload (0 - 18 yrs) and a very limited adult service is provided.
- Children residing in PCCC catchment area
- Children with Primary Speech &/or Language Difficulties
- Children with communication difficulties which are secondary to a more significant primary difficulty are referred to a more appropriate service where their ongoing &/or complex needs are better met by multi-disciplinary team
- Adults require medical referral to the service
What type of communication difficulties do we work with?
We see children presenting with:
- Language Delay/Disorder
- Both comprehension and/or expressive language difficulties
- Speech Sound Difficulties
- Dysfluency (e.g.: stammer)
- Speech and Language difficulties arising from hearing impairment
- Cleft Palate
- Voice disorders (Referral to ENT may be advised)
- Specific Language Impairment
- Mild General Learning Disability
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder attending mainstream classes in mainstream schools
For more information, please contact: (066) 719 9730.
Return to Main Page