We are part of University Hospital Kerry (UHK) as well as maternity services other specialties available include medical, surgical, orthopaedics, diabetic services, dialysis, oncology, neonatal, intensive care and pastoral care.
Why Choose UHK
*Patient Satisfaction Surveys undertaken at UHK Jan / Feb/ March 2016
Obstetrics GP Satisfaction Survey June ;2016
Obstetrics Patient Satisfaction Survey;Q 1 - 2016
- All wards are either four bedded only (no six bedded wards) or single rooms to allow for extra space & comfort of our patients.
- One to one Midwife Care in Labour Ward providing familiarity and reassurance
- 24 x 7 access to Epidural Service should same be required
- Resident Consultant Specialist in Fetal Anomaly Scanning
- At our antenatal clinics waiting times are short & patients are afforded significant quality time one to one with the midwives without large queues in the waiting room.
- Combined Obstetric Diabetic clinic to tailor a programme of care for individual patient requirements
- Two Nurse / Midwife staff specially trained in performing Ultrasonography