Community Healthcare Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan, Sligo
The HSE is advising that vaccination is the best protection against Flu and COVID-19 illness ahead of the Christmas period. Flu and COVID-19 vaccines give your immune system the top-up it needs to help protect you from serious illness and encourage everyone to give their immune system the top it needs in order to protect themselves and those around them from serious illness this winter.
Donegal COVID-19 Vaccination Centres and Pop up clinics are offering primary vaccinations and adapted bivalent booster doses to eligible cohorts. These new adapted bivalent vaccines offer increased protection against COVID-19 and the Omicron variant.
You can book your COVID-19 vaccine appointment online at book online or you can walk-in to the centre. There are different times offered for different age cohorts, therefore please ensure you book/walk-in to the correct clinic for your age.
Flu and COVID-19 viruses are now circulating in our communities and as they are different viruses you will need two vaccines to be protected against both.
Getting the Flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself, your family, colleagues and our health services. To book your Flu vaccine and to check if you are one of the eligible groups please contact your GP or check with your local pharmacy. You can also check which pharmacy is delivering flu vaccines via the pharmacy finder: Find a pharmacy
Please see following information for eligibility and COVID-19 vaccine course.
- 65 years and older, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- 50 to 64 years, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- 12 to 49 years, (with certain long term medical conditions; residents of long-term care facilities), 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- Healthcare Workers, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- 12 to 49 years, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose
- 12 years and older (with a weak immune system), 1st round of vaccination, Additional dose, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- Pregnancy, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- Children 5 -11 years, 1st round of vaccination
- Children 5 -11 years (with a weak immune system), 1st round of vaccination, Additional dose, 1st Booster dose
The following COVID-19 Vaccination clinics will be offered in Donegal next week:
Letterkenny COVID-19 Vaccination Centre, Building 1b IDA Business Park, Ballyraine, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, F92 FP83:
Wednesday 14 December
8:15am to 4:15pm - 12 years and over
Friday 16 December
9:15am to 5:15pm – 12 years and over
Saturday 17 December
10:15am to 4:30pm 12 years and over
5pm to 6:15pm - 5 to 11 years of age
COVID-19 Vaccination Pop-up Clinic at Primary Care Centre, Buncrana, F93 E12W
Saturday 17 December
11am to 5:15pm - 12 years and over
Sinead McConnell, General Manager, COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, CH CDLMS said “We are asking people in Donegal to ensure they are protected this Christmas by getting their boosters this week. We would like to wish everyone a healthy and safe Christmas.”
Last updated on: 09 / 12 / 2022