28 October 2022
The HSE is now inviting those aged 55 to 59 years in Donegal to avail of their next COVID-19 booster.
It must be at least four months since your last booster or since you tested positive for Covid-19 or had your first symptoms.
Flu and COVID-19 viruses are now circulating in our communities and as they are different viruses you will need two vaccines to be protected against both.
Getting the Flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself, your family, colleagues and our health services. To book your Flu vaccine and to check if you are one of the eligible groups please contact your GP or check with your local pharmacy. You can also check which pharmacy is delivering flu vaccines via the pharmacy finder: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/flu/pharmacies-flu/
Letterkenny COVID-19 Vaccination Centre and Dungloe pop up COVID-19 vaccination clinics are offering primary COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses to eligible cohorts next week.
New adapted COVID-19 vaccines are now being offered as booster doses. These vaccines offer increased protection against COVID-19, including the Omicron variant.
Please see following information for eligibility and COVID-19 vaccine course.
- 65 years and older, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- 50 to 64 years, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- 12 to 49 years, (with certain long term medical conditions; residents of long-term care facilities), 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- Healthcare Workers, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- 12 to 49 years, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose,
- 12 years and older (with a weak immune system), 1st round of vaccination, Additional dose, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- Pregnancy, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- Children 5 -11 years, 1st round of vaccination
- Children 5 -11 years (with a weak immune system), 1st round of vaccination, Additional dose, 1st Booster dose
The following COVID-19 Vaccination clinics will be offered in Donegal this week:
Letterkenny COVID-19 Vaccination Centre, Building 1b IDA Business Park, Ballyraine, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, F92 FP83:
Wednesday 2 November
8.15am to 4.15pm - 12 years and over
Friday 4 November
9:15am to 5:15pm – 12 years and over
Saturday 5 November
10:15am to 4:30pm 12 years and over
5pm to 6:15pm - 5 to 11 years of age
COVID-19 Vaccination Pop-up Clinic at Community Mental Health Hub, Dungloe, F94 Y326
Saturday 5 November
11am to 5:15pm - 12 years and over
You can book your COVID-19 vaccine appointment online at www.hse.ie/book or you can walk-in to the centre. There are different times offered for different age cohorts, therefore please ensure you book/walk-in to the correct clinic for your age.
Deputy Operational Manager for Letterkenny COVID-19 Vaccination Centre, Noel Cullen said “Your next COVID-19 vaccine will help protect you from serious illness in the months ahead. Protect yourself and those around you this winter by ensuring you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations.”
Last updated on: 28 / 10 / 2022