HSE Press Release: 22 April 2021
- Anyone aged 65-69 (including those in different groups, such as Healthcare Workers or people who are at high risk) please register now
- Register online at www.hse.ie or by phone at 1800 700 700 for HSE vaccination appointments
- Vaccines will be given during April and May
The HSE today, (Thursday, 22nd April 2021), would like to remind everyone aged 65-69 that they can still register for their COVID-19 vaccine through the HSE’s online registration system or on the phone with HSELive.
Following the success of the initial phase of the online registration for people aged 65-69, where over 143,000 people registered for their vaccine, we will soon be adding the next group to be registered, and inviting those aged 60-64 to register from tomorrow Friday 23rd.
However, before we do, we want to remind those aged 65-69 who have yet to register that they can do so at www.hse.ie or on the phone.
This invitation is for everyone in Ireland aged 65 to 69, including those who may be in another vaccine allocation group:
- Frontline healthcare workers who haven’t got an appointment through their workplace
- People who have a health condition that puts them at very high risk and who haven’t been given an appointment through their hospitals or healthcare team
- People who don’t have a PPSN can also be vaccinated and can register on the phone with HSElive
The vaccine being offered to people aged 65 to 69 is called COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca. AstraZeneca has been approved for use by both the EMA (European Medicines Agency) and NIAC (National Immunisation Advisory Committee), in keeping with the strictest standards of safety and quality. It is recommended for use in people aged 60 and over and is licensed by regulators.
The quickest and easiest way to register is online at www.hse.ie. It is a new system which will register people, manage appointments, and provide a secure record of your vaccination. You can also register on the phone with HSELive.
Our aim in offering the vaccine to the population is to protect people and reduce the illness and deaths caused by this virus.
Once a person has registered, we will send appointment details by SMS text message, 3 to 7 days before their vaccination is due to take place. People in this group will be vaccinated during April or May at one of the HSE vaccination centres around the country.
How to register:
For those registering on www.hse.ie for the vaccine you will need;
- your PPS number
- a mobile phone number and
- an email address
If you don’t have all of these, or if you prefer to not register on line, you can call HSELive on 1800 700 700 for assistance with the registration process.
We would like to remind people that vaccinations for other groups are still ongoing. The groups currently being vaccinated against COVID-19 are:
- People aged 65 years and older who are residents of LTRCF
- Frontline healthcare workers
- People aged 70 and older
- Aged 16 to 69 and at very high risk of severe COVID-19 disease
- People aged between 65-69 years with high risk conditions
- People aged 65-69 years
Visit hse.ie/rollout for information about all groups currently being vaccinated.
A video explaining registration is available here https://youtu.be/v1JoC01Omgc
Last updated on: 22 / 04 / 2021