HSE Statement: Tuesday 25th June 2019
The HSE regrets that industrial action planned by SIPTU tomorrow Wednesday, June 26th 2019 will affect patient and client services.
The industrial action is planned to take place at *38 hospitals and healthcare facilities, and will involve a significant number of staff who make an essential contribution to the effective running of our health services every day.
This afternoon, the HSE is continuing to engage on contingency planning with SIPTU at local hospital and healthcare facility level. This is to ensure minimum disruption to patient services, in so far as possible, and to ensure patient dignity and that essential daily care remains in place.
Initial feedback from our hospitals this morning shows the services mostly impacted will include;
- Deferral of some elective inpatient procedures
- Significant cancellation of scope procedures
- Reduced outpatient services
- Reduced laboratory services for GPs
- Reduced catering services for both patients and staff
- Reduced operating theatre activity.
The services impacted will vary across the hospital sites.
Patients are being contacted by their local hospital or healthcare facility in the event that their scheduled procedure or service will be affected by the dispute.
While every effort will be made to minimise impact on patients, industrial action involving these essential staff will have a significant impact on services.
We will keep the public informed of any developments that may affect patient services through the national and local media, our social media channels and our website – www.hse.ie.
Notes to Editors:
* Sites affected
- Cork University Hospital
- Cork University Maternity Hospital
- Kerry University Hospital
- Mallow General Hospital
- South Infirmary Hospital, Cork
- South Tipperary General Hospital
- Wexford General Hospital
- St Lukes Hospital Carlow / Kilkenny
- Mercy Hospital Cork
- Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown
- National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital
- St Ita’s Portrane
- Mater Hospital
- St James Hospital
- St Vincent’s University Hospital
- Tallaght University Hospital
- Our Lady’s Hospital, Navan
- Louth County Hospital
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital Drogheda
- Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin
- Rotunda Hospital
- Central Mental Hospital
- Midland Regional Hospital, Mullingar
- Midland Regional Hospital, Tullamore
- Midland Regional Hospital, Portlaoise
- Naas General Hospital
- Cavan General Hospital
- Letterkenny University Hospital
- Sligo General Hospital
- Roscommon Hospital
- Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe
- Galway University Hospital
- Merlin Park
- Mayo University Hospital
- UL Hospital Dooradoyle
- UL Maternity Hospital
- UL Orthopaedic Hospital, Croom
Last updated on: 25 / 06 / 2019