Wednesday, 6th February 2019
Discussions are ongoing with the INMO in relation securing exemptions to allow for major surgeries, including cancer, to proceed. In the event that any procedures do go ahead, patients will be contacted directly by the hospitals.
- At this stage we can confirm that the following services are affected;
- All out patient, inpatient and day surgery appointments are cancelled for tomorrow.
- Minor Injury Units will be closed.
- Routine community nursing services and health centre nurse clinics have been cancelled.
- Public day centres and day hospitals for older people or people with disabilities will close.
All planned admissions, including respite and rehabilitation, to public community nursing units and specified centres for people with intellectual disability have been cancelled.
Hospitals will be in contact with patients to re-schedule their appointments and surgeries in due course. Updates on the action and services affected will be on our website and social media.
Last updated on: 07 / 02 / 2019