South / South West Hospital Group (SSWHG) can confirm that in order to minimise unnecessary travel risks for patients, all elective and outpatient appointments have been cancelled for Thursday, 1 March and Friday 2 March in the following hospitals:
- Cork University Hospital.
- University Hospital Waterford.
- University Hospital Kerry.
- Mercy University Hospital.
- South Tipperary General Hospital.
- South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital.
- Bantry General Hospital.
- Mallow General Hospital.
- Lourdes Orthopaedic Hospital Kilcreene.
Please note the following:
- Emergency Department will operate as normal. Priority will be given to the most urgent cases.
- The National Ambulance Service will also operate as usual.
- Cancer Services will continue as normal.
Elective, scheduled and planned procedures
Elective, scheduled and planned procedures patients who were scheduled to have a planned procedure on Thursday 1 March or Friday 2 March are advised that procedures have been cancelled. Patients do not need to attend or contact the hospital and their appointments will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
In the interests of safety for mothers and babies, maternity patients are being assessed and will be contacted on an individual basis regarding their care and follow up.
All the hospitals within the SSWHG are fully briefed on plans and updates emanating from The National Emergency Co-ordination Group.
Hospitals within the Group have a range of contingency plans in place to ensure that the needs of both their patients and staff are catered for. These include liaison with other agencies including the National Ambulance Service, Local Authorities, the Gardai, the Defence Forces and others.
Depending on the severity of the weather event, hospitals in the SSWHG will use the services of local radio stations to communicate with the general public as required.
Go to the weather warning updates page
Last updated on: 28 / 02 / 2018