The Minister for Health and the Minister for Older People have approved a new scheme to support private and voluntary nursing homes to help with costs of energy inflation. The Temporary Inflation Payment Scheme (TIPS) has been developed to support private and voluntary nursing homes with energy cost increases and initially covered the period from July, 2022 to December, 2022. An extension of the TIPs has been approved by government to cover the period from 1st January, 2023 to 30th June, 2023
The HSE administers the scheme and makes payments to the Nursing Homes. The National Treatment Purchase Fund (NTPF) will administer the application process and provide support and advice to the HSE.
About the scheme
All private and voluntary nursing homes that have a maximum pricing agreement with the NTPF will be eligible to apply for this additional support.
The conditions of the scheme have been agreed as follows:
- TIPS will address cost increases relating to heating and electricity
- Nursing Homes will be able to submit claims for cost increases on a monthly basis, with increases calculated year on year.
- TIPS will cover the period of July, 2022 to 30th June, 2023 (inclusive).
- TIPS will operate on a vouched basis, with nursing homes required to evidence relevant cost increases via bills, invoices and other relevant documentation.
- The scheme will reimburse 75% of the value claimed, up to a maximum payment of €5,250 per month for each nursing home (75% of a €7,000 increase). Any amount received from the Inflation fund, as advised to the HSE by the Dept. of Health, will be deducted from the base amount ordinarily due under TIPs to establish the value, if any, of your claim under TIPS.
- Nursing Homes will not be eligible to benefit from this scheme in conjunction with any other scheme (such as the Temporary Business Energy support Scheme (TBESS)) operated by Revenue, or other schemes being developed by the Department of Health)
Temporary Inflation Payment Scheme Details and Procedures for payment (PDF, size 465.7 KB, 4 pages)
To make a claim download and complete the application form below:
Temporary Inflation Payment Scheme Application Form (PDF, size 243.9 KB, 7 pages)
October 2022 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 38.1 KB)
November 2022 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 38.1 KB)
December 2022 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 38.1 KB)
January 2023 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 36.9 KB)
February 2023 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 36.9 KB)
March 2023 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 36.9 KB)
April 2023 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 37 KB)
May 2023 TIPS Claim Form.xlsx (size 37 KB)
June 2023 TIPS Claim Form .xlsx (size 37 KB)