The big question – who gets it first and where is my hospital on the roll-out timetable?
The NIMIS Project Team, in conjunction with local hospital implementation teams, will configure and install the system into each of the hospitals. The first phase of hospitals for the installation of the system have been selected.
The first phase will see NIMIS installed in:
- Beaumont Hospital
- Sligo General
- St. Luke’s Hospital in Dublin
- The Mid-West Region - starting in Dooradoyle
The second phase hospitals are:
- Waterford Regional Hospital
- Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda
- The Mater Hospital in Dublin
After a central design and configuration phase, it is hoped to have the first phase hospitals live by the end of 2010 with the remaining sites coming on-line thereafter.
The order of hospitals is largely determined by the state of readiness of a particular hospital / region. There are a number of aspects or criteria that influence that readiness, including:
- Technical Site Readiness
- Corporate Site Readiness
- Regional ICT Infrastructure Readines
- Transformation Programme Prioritisation
- Hospital Level & Imaging Complexity
- Hospital Developments
- National Client Index Readiness
- Other Critical Risk Factors
Back to NIMIS Home Page