Introduction to the Health Services National Human Resources Coaching Service
Welcome to the Health Service Executive (HSE) National Human Resources Coaching Service.
The following introduction will give you information on the HSE National Human Resources Coaching Service together with information on coaching itself.
About the HSE National Human Resources Coaching Service:
The HSE National Human Resources Coaching Service provides a standardised professional coaching experience to all staff, irrespective of grade or discipline, working in the HSE, Child and Family Agency (TUSLA) and all bodies which provide services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 of the Health Act 2004.
The underpinning philosophy of the HSE National Human Resources Coaching Service is the belief in individual potential – in an individual’s ability to use their creativity and intelligence to solve any problems and challenges they face and to achieve their goals.
This service offers all staff the opportunity to engage in a professionally structured process that supports them in their role and service delivery and provides benefits to servicer users/patients/clients who come in contact with the health services.
Situated in the National Human Resources Division of the HSE, the dynamic and ever growing National Human Resources Coaching Service uses an innovative and strategic approach to building capacity and performance in the HSE. It supports the on-going development of a work environment that is people valuing. It is a key enabler of the rollout of the Health Service People Strategy 2015-2018 Leaders in People Services and Sláintecare Report.
Definition of Coaching:
Coaching is defined by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) as ‘partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today's uncertain and complex environment’.
What is Coaching:
Coaching is a growing field and is increasingly recognised by individuals and organisations throughout the world. Coaching is future orientated and aims to help people when they feel stuck and want to bring about personal change in their lives and work, to shift their perspective, reflect on their choices and realise their individual potential.
Coaching is a powerful relationship for people wanting to make important changes in their lives, careers, businesses or organisations. It is a relationship where the total focus is on you and on what will help you achieve your goal. This is where the Coaching relationship is unique. There is no other relationship in our lives that offers this level of support, encouragement, challenge and feedback. It is also future focused, it does not want to focus on past experiences which may have been helpful or unhelpful but instead takes the learning from these experiences to help to set out a new path for the future.
Coaching is a protected confidential space of support for staff where they can bring issues and leave a session with a clear plan on what they are going to do about a particular piece of work. The following formats are used for HSE Coaching sessions:-
- Over the phone
- MS Lync/Skype
As a client you will always set the agenda for the coaching session.
The HSE National Human Resources Coaching Service has been recognised externally, on a number of occasions, for its work and was the proud Winner of the International Coach Federation Prism Award in 2018. This prestigious global award honours businesses and organisations with coaching programmes that
- Fulfil rigorous professional standards
- Address key strategic goals
- Shape organisational culture
- Yield discernible and measurable positive impacts
HSE Coach Award Winners (Domestic and International):
- International Coach Federation Executive Coach of the Year 2015, Irish Chapter - (Niall Gogarty, General Manager, National HR Workplace Relations Unit)
- International Coaching Federation Presidents Award 2016, Irish Chapter (HSE National Human Resources Coaching Service)
- International Coach Federation Business Executive Coach of the Year Award 2017, Irish Chapter (Rosarii Mannion, HSE National Director of Human Resources)
- International Coach Federation Coaching Culture Award 2017, Irish Chapter (HSE National Human Coaching Service)
- International Coach Federation Life Coach Award 2017, Irish Chapter (Margo Kelly, Occupational Health Nurse, St. Conal’s Hospital Letterkenny)
- International Coach Federation (ICF) Prism Award 2018, International Award (HSE National Human Coaching Service)
- International Coach Federation Presidents Award 2018, Irish Chapter (Niall Gogarty, General Manager, National HR Workplace Relations Unit)
- International Coach Federation Rising Star Award 2018, Irish Chapter (Malachy Feely, National HR Workplace Relations Unit)
Please click here to read more about HSE Coaching.
For Further Information:
Contact the National Human Resources Workplace Relations Unit, Staff Development Section on 046-9251790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our Coaching Information Pack
Please click here for an application form to apply for HSE Coaching.