We have developed the first five year strategy for the National Health Library and Knowledge Service. The new strategy ‘Turning knowledge into action: enabling care, improving health 2018-2023‘ was launched by HSE Director General Tony O’Brien on Friday April 20th in the Edward Worth Library, Dr Steevens Hospital.
Library Strategy Vision: 'Turning knowledge into action: Enabling care; Improving health 2018-2023'
The strategy and implementation will be delivered in two phases during 2019/20 laying the foundation for delivery of our integrated national services. Central to delivery will be the establishment of five national virtual teams;
The Five Virtual teams within the single integrated NHLKS: 'Turning knowledge into action: Enabling care; Improving health 2018-2023'
The Library and Knowledge Service Strategy
- Supports the changing needs of health and care in Ireland.
- is user centred and builds upon the needs, values and preferences of users.
- Maximises the use of the professional expertise of library staff and professional librarians.
- is informed by the latest evidence and research.
- fully supports the Healthy Ireland and Evidence Informed Healthcare agenda in Irish healthcare; and align with existing plans including: