First Aid Responder Refresher PHECC Accredited
This course can be booked by your line manager via the Health and Safety Helpdesk at www.hse.ie/safetyandwellbeing. See Helpdesk Flowchart for instructions
Course code FARR-SHST:029:01
Why should you attend?
It is a requirement that all Occupational First Aiders undergo a refresher training course within 2 years of original certification in order to update their knowledge and skills*.
Who should attend?
Currently certified Occupational First Aiders who wish to update and refresh their knowledge and skills in administering first aid. Employees who have undertaken first aid training outside the HSE and who wish to recertify themselves as Occupational First Aiders in their workplace must submit a copy of their certificate.
- To update the first aiders knowledge and practical skills.
- To ensure certified First Aiders keep up to date with new legislations and guideline developments in First Aid practice
- Upon completion of the first Aid Response Course participants will be able to:
- Recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies.
- Respond in a safe, effective and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in your performance as a First Aid Responder
Maximum number of participants
Maximum number of is 12 participants: 2 instructors or 6 participants: 1 instructor for practical skills
*Please note: All participants must attach a copy of their current certificate to the helpdesk request. The date on the certificate is the date of issue only and not the date the course was completed.
*The onus is on each Occupational First Aider to be aware of when they are due to refresh