The Dublin Midlands Hospital Group provide a wide range of emergency, treatment and rehabilitation services. These include:
- inpatient scheduled care
- unscheduled/emergency care
- maternity services
- outpatient and diagnostic services
These services are managed directly by the Dublin Midlands Hospital Group. Some services are run by voluntary organisations.
If you need to attend a public hospital or stay overnight in hospital as a public patient, you may be liable for Hospital Charges. Medical card holders and certain other groups do not have to pay hospital charges.
Inpatient and Day Service Charges
- Medical card holders
- People receiving treatment for prescribed infectious diseases
- People who are subject to “long stay” charges
- Children referred for treatment from child health clinics and school board examinations
- People who are entitled to hospital services because of EU Regulations
- Women receiving maternity services
In cases of excessive hardship,
Read more about Hospital Charges.
Acute Hospitals Division
The Hospital Group works closely with the National Acute Hospitals Division
Key functions and offices in the Acute Hospitals Division include:
- The National Director/Deputy Directors Office
- The National Clinical Advisor
- Planning and Performance
- Special Delivery Unit
- Quality and Patient Safety
Read more about the Acute Hospitals Division.
Three times daily (
This system is known as TrolleyGAR (Green, Amber, Red).
TrolleyGAR displays thresholds for each hospital. This enables daily monitoring of hospitals by tracking performance throughout the day. It also helps to inform hospitals in terms of required escalation measures.
Check the latest figures: on http://18.104.22.168/ed/
Read the weekly INMO Trolley Data: https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch