Free online Stress Control classes
HSE Health and Wellbeing are offering a free Stress Control programme, beginning on 7th September. Stress Control is an evidence-based programme that teaches you practical skills to deal with stress.
The programme helps participants recognise the signs of stress. It covers topics including how stress affects our bodies and our thoughts. It teaches skills to overcome panicky feelings and tips to getting a good night’s sleep.
Dr Jim White will live-stream the classes, free-of-charge, starting on Monday 7th September. You can watch the sessions either in the afternoon or evening.
How to Participate
Further instructions on how to sign up will follow shortly.
The six sessions are 90 minutes a session and will cover different topics. Participants are encouraged to watch all sessions, but participants can join at any stage for one or more session.
- Session 1: What is stress? - Monday 07/09/2020 2pm and 8:30pm
- Session 2: Controlling your body - Thursday 10/09/2020 2pm and 8:30pm
- Session 3: Controlling your thoughts - : Monday 14/09/2020 2pm and 8:30pm
- Session 4: Controlling your actions - Thursday 17/09/2020 2pm and 8:30pm
- Session 5: Controlling panicky feelings and getting a good night’s sleep - Monday 21/09/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
- Session 6: Boosting your wellbeing tying it all together controlling your future - Thursday 24/09/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
Note: All sessions will be available for 48 hours after first broadcast.