Free online Stress Control classes
HSE Health and Wellbeing are offering a free Stress Control programme, beginning on 5 April 2021. Stress Control is an evidence-based programme that teaches you practical skills to deal with stress.
The programme helps participants recognise the signs of stress. It covers topics including how stress affects our bodies and our thoughts. It teaches skills to overcome panicky feelings and tips to getting a good night’s sleep.
The sessions are presented by Dr Jim White, an internationally recognised expert in stress management who has teamed up with the HSE. He works with the EU to develop mental health services across Europe using interventions, including Stress Control.
How to Participate
This is a free programme and to participate simply visit www.stresscontrol.ie to view, see below for the times each session is available for viewing.
The six sessions are 90 minutes a session and will cover different topics. Participants are encouraged to watch all sessions, but participants can join at any stage for one or more session.
- Session 1: Mon 5 April, 9am until Wed 7 April, 11pm.
- Session 2: Thurs 8 April, 9am until Sun 11 April, 11pm.
- Session 3: Mon 12 April, 9am until Wed 14 April, 11pm.
- Session 4: Thurs 15 April, 9am until 11pm Sun 18 April, 11pm.
- Session 5: Mon 19 April, 9am until Wed 21 April, 11pm.
- Session 6: Thurs 22 April, 9am until Sun 25 April, 11pm.