Free online Stress Control classes
HSE Health and Wellbeing are offering a free Stress Control programme online via Stresscontrol.org from the 11th May. Stress Control is an evidence-based programme that teaches you practical skills to deal with stress.
The programme helps participants recognise the signs of stress. It covers topics including how stress affects our bodies and our thoughts. It teaches skills to overcome panicky feelings and tips to getting a good night’s sleep.
Dr Jim White will live-stream the classes, free-of-charge, starting on Monday 11th May. You can watch the sessions either in the afternoon or evening. Click here to get all the dates.
How to Participate
Click Stresscontrol.org and follow instructions about how to ‘Subscribe’ to Stress Control’s YouTube page.
You will then receive notifications when a new session is available. You can also follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_BKErJ_jlSQHKFtHPCRmEctDtcNCCowB
The six sessions are 90 minutes a session and will cover different topics. Participants are encouraged to watch all sessions, but participants can join at any stage for one or more session.
- Session 1: What is stress? - Monday 11 May and Tuesday 12 May at 2pm – 3.30pm, repeated at 8.30pm – 10pm.
- Session 2: Controlling your body - Thursday 14 May and Friday 15 May at 2pm – 3.30pm, repeated at 8.30pm – 10pm.
- Session 3: Controlling your thoughts -Monday 18 May and Tuesday 19 May at 2pm – 3.30pm, repeated at 8.30pm – 10pm.
- Session 4: Controlling your actions - Thursday 21 May and Friday 22 May at 2pm – 3.30pm, repeated at 8.30pm – 10pm.
- Session 5: Controlling panicky feelings and getting a good night’s sleep - Monday 25 May and Tuesday 26 May at 2pm – 3.30pm, repeated at 8.30pm –10pm.
- Session 6: Boosting your wellbeing tying it all together controlling your future - Thursday 28 May and Friday 29 May at 2pm -3.30pm, repeated 8.30pm -10pm.