Free online Stress Control classes
HSE Health and Wellbeing are offering a free Stress Control programme, beginning on 2 November 2020. Stress Control is an evidence-based programme that teaches you practical skills to deal with stress.
The programme helps participants recognise the signs of stress. It covers topics including how stress affects our bodies and our thoughts. It teaches skills to overcome panicky feelings and tips to getting a good night’s sleep.
Dr Jim White will live-stream the classes, free-of-charge, starting on Monday 2 November 2020. You can watch the sessions either in the afternoon or evening.
How to Participate
This is a free programme and to participate simply visit www.stresscontrol.ie to register.
The six sessions are 90 minutes a session and will cover different topics. Participants are encouraged to watch all sessions, but participants can join at any stage for one or more session.
- Session 1: What is stress? - Monday 02/11/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
- Session 2: Controlling your body - Thursday 05/11/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
- Session 3: Controlling your thoughts - : Monday 09/11/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
- Session 4: Controlling your actions - Thursday 12/11/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
- Session 5: Controlling panicky feelings and getting a good night’s sleep - Monday 16/11/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
- Session 6: Boosting your wellbeing tying it all together controlling your future - Thursday 19/11/2020 2pm and 8:30pm.
Note: All sessions will be available for 48 hours after first broadcast.