In mid-2021, the Patient Safety Programme (PSP) was established in the National Quality and Patient Safety Directorate to oversee and monitor implementation of the Patient Safety Strategy 2019 – 2024.
What we do
The programme teams within the National Quality & Patient Safety Directorate are the means through which the Directorate delivers key functions of the Patient Safety Programme. These are, namely, to:
- Provide leadership that facilitates the implementation of the Patient Safety Strategy;
- Enable safe systems of care and sustainable quality improvements, with a focus on reducing the common causes of harm;
- Foster a culture of learning and education to build quality and patient safety capacity and capability in practice, to support Strategy implementation;
- Provide communication around the Strategy that informs, connects and supports; and
- Monitor and report on Strategy implementation priorities and progress to the National Clinical Director QPS.
- 12-17 Sept 2022: NQPSD Marks “World Patient Safety Day” with awareness campaigns and capacity-building initiatives through webinars, podcasts, targeted communications, social media campaigns and informational videos.
Connect with us
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.